Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Cheat's Way Out

It's been well over two months since Steve and I came back from our whirlwind holiday in the New York and Canada. So it's a little embarassing to say we haven't even printed our holiday snaps, let alone hang them.
So I popped off to Harvey Norman to have the pics printed for a bargain price of $8 for about 20 of the best ones! And the best part was it only took 10mins. Gone are the days of dropping off a roll of film and coming back 24 hours later, only to discover all your pictures have your thumb smudged across them.

Doing some research I thought Ikea would be the way to go for pictures frames, as I was looking for a range of sizes and with white frames. I struck gold however at Freedom Furniture who were selling ten frames for $80, but I timed my shopping trip perfectly with a 3 day sale and got them for $60!


So pretty, right?

I've always been really bad at hanging pictures and getting them straight. But I found a really good idea on Pinterest to get a cluster of pictures looking just right.


I popped the photos in their frames and  lay them out on some newspaper, finding the arrangement I wanted and traced around them.


It was just a matter of cutting out each little square and then taping the newspaper to the wall where I wanted them to hang. I used my handy spirit level app on my iPhone to get the paper straight, so as long as it was right, the rest would be.
Putting a little pencil mark where the hook would go on the wall, it was then simply a matter of placing the adhesive command strip hook on the wall and attaching the photos into the cut out hole.

...excuse the messy bed. There was a lot of jumping around on it after I succeeded!
Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment